Monday, January 28, 2013

Back from Vacation and a New Puppy!

I'm back from vacation. I had a very relaxing week in Mexico visiting my parents. I got back on Saturday morning around 4:30 am, had about a couple of hours sleep and then went to pick up the new addition to our family, Roxie.

Roxie is an eight week old cockapoo. She weighs 4 lbs and is a lovely white with slightly darker hair around her ears. Very, very cute and a huge time waster!

So we're up during the night and trying to train her to do her business outside. I'm feeling a little tired as she's up during the night but we've completely fallen in love with her.

It's years since I've had a dog but we felt it was now feasible as both my husband and I work from home.

Feel free to offer me any advice you have for raising a puppy! We will welcome any suggestions.

Now to deal with the weather here. After the hot, glorious sunshine in Mexico it was a bit of a shock to return to snow. Today there is freezing rain so school has been cancelled. That's ok though. It means the boys are home to help with Roxie and I can catch up on all my emails after being away for a week.

Here's a pic of Roxie.


5 comments:

  1. So sweet! It's so much work at the beginning, it's like having a newborn, but she'll settle in to a routine soon enough.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, having to get up during the night reminds me of when the boys were young! I love having her though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute...puppies are such fun...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable- and she will be sleeping through the night in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxie is so adorable!Enjoy the positives of the puppy stage, it goes so fast!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete