Monday, March 22, 2010

Wish me luck!

Tomorrow I'm visiting the dentist to have the very last of my amalgam fillings removed. Yes, the last three out of a total of ten! I started with the first one in December and it's been a long few months during the winter getting the rest removed. If anyone is wondering why I haven't been blogging too much the last few months, this is one of the reasons. Each time I have some fillings removed, even though it's through a holistic dentist, my nervous system symptoms are exacerbated, driving me nuts. I was also diagnosed with Addison's Disease during the Fall and have been adjusting to the medication since then.

So, tomorrow, I say goodbye to the last of these darn mercury fillings and hello to a nice new smile. I'm crossing my fingers that over the next year, the symptoms of mercury overload will gradually dissipate! I just wish I'd done this a long time ago. Seriously, if you have Fibromyalgia, CFS or any other auto-immune condition and you have a mouth full of amalgam fillings, it's worth looking into getting them removed. Keep in mind though, that not everyone necessarily reacts to amalgam. I hope you don't.

Now let's just hope I don't look like this tomorrow evening!

2 comments:

  1. After reading this I did some googling. I had no idea that amalgam fillings had mercury in them. I have gotten all of my fillings in white composite simply because of aesthetic reasons.

    Best of luck to you. I hope that removing those fillings helps!

    ReplyDelete