Monday, February 14, 2011

20 Good Things

Since my eldest son was a small child, he and I have enjoyed going for a walk on weekends and just chatting. He's now 14 but still enjoys walking with me, just not nearly as frequently.

When he was smaller, we used to come up with a list of "5 Good Things" while out walking. I always found it interesting seeing what he would choose.

One day he decided we could think of 20 Good Things and he would take a pencil and paper and write them down. I still have the original taped to the inside of my kitchen cupboard and read it frequently. I thought I'd share it with you so here goes...his words.


20 Good Things (Note: #20 will be seeing this list)
1. chatting with family
2. family
3. eating ice cream on a sunny, hot day
4. hermit crabs
5. babies
6. fun
7. chocolate cake (gluten or not gluten)
8. arts and crafts
9. doing sports
10. Lego
11. glue guns
12. vacations
13. funny movies
14. watching cartoon son Saturday mornings
15. having a roof over our heads
16. dinnertime
17. loving people (people who love you)
18. having clean water to drink
19. hockey
20. seeing this list

No comments:

Post a Comment