Friday, March 11, 2011

Project Simplify - Cleaning Out The Closet

Last week I wrote a post about how I was going to take part in the Project Simplify challenge starting this past Monday.
The challenge for this week was to clean out our closets. Well, mine was long overdue for an overhaul. I put off the task until Tuesday afternoon and then got to work.

I was brutal. I got rid of dresses I hadn't worn in fifteen years and shoes that I hoped to wear again but I just don't. The strange thing is I'm no heavier than I was twenty years ago but after having two children, gravity has taken it's toll on my body and some clothes that I thought I looked really great wearing just don't compliment my figure anymore!

It felt really good the following morning to walk into my closet and see the order in there instead of the normal chaos.

And the local charity shop benefited from my efforts too. I managed to amass one very large black garbage bag of clothing and shoes!

Well, here's my before and after shots.

BEFORE....What a mess!

 

AFTER....hey, I can find things!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, you did a great job! I hope this inspires me to do mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, do I ever need to do that. Your closet looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we'll see how long it lasts! I don't have a good track record :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a "rule of thumb". If something has not been worn in 2 years, "Get rid of it". Over the years, Purple Heart Veterans have gotten a lot of stuff from me. Now, if I can just get my sweetie to empty his "treasure trove". Business suits from over 20 years ago, shoes (don't even want to get started there), etc. I sometimes feel like sabatoging his closet. Probably won't even know its gone! Love your before and after pics. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh i need to do this! My closet is a total disaster. I found your blog on BYW. I look forward to following you!
    Lindsay
    www.lovedesigncompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That's an inspiration for me too :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! I'm totally due to make that happen in my closet again soon too. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Jane that's fabulous. Not only that, but I think I've finally fixed the feed and I'm able to get your blog to my reader. Whoot! Looking forward to the next challenges :) Well, watching how you manage, I have yet to start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was doing really well the first week but then March Break happened and my inlaws came to stay and I ran out of time! Maybe I'll get back on track next week when my schedule returns to normal.

    ReplyDelete