Monday, April 4, 2011

Baking The Ice Hockey Team Cake

This weekend was the end of season hockey party. The boys had such a fun time. It was a pot luck dinner and I offered to make the hockey cake. When the boys were younger I used to make their birthday cakes every year, each time with a different theme. However the last couple of years I've been making their favorite desserts instead.

Needless to say I was a little out of practice. I scoured the shops for mini hockey players to put on the cake but they were nowhere to be found! So I ended up stealing the nets off our rod hockey game (they've since been washed again and re-installed on the game!) and decorating the cake with the name of our childrens' team - the Hound Dogs.

It worked out well but the cake was huge so I hope the boys like it because they are going to be finding a slice in their lunch boxes every day this week most likely.


3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I'm sure the boys enjoyed it. I'll have to keep an eye out for little hockey players for the next cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is a fabulous cake Jane! Job well done, and I bet there wasn't a slice left :)
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like most of the accounts, Favor actually enjoyed, We wish addiitional details regarding it, because it will be comparatively outstanding., Respect only for proclaiming. Hockey lifestyle accessories

    ReplyDelete