Monday, May 18, 2009

End of the long weekend


My Front Garden Tulips

Well we had a great weekend although it was somewhat cooler than normal. Usually on the May long weekend, we get the hanging baskets planted, plant annuals and fill the vegetable garden. This year however, there's still a risk of FROST, so we're going to postpone until next weekend. I think I shall still go out this week and pick the plants I need but will have to store them in the garage.

My Front Garden Tulips

We had out annual street party yesterday and what fun that was. We're rented a jumping castle for the kids, dragged the hockey equipment and basketball nets into the streets and then had a BBQ. Of course, we ended the meal with some smores. For thos of you who aren't familiar with them, they're a Canadian tradition. You roast your marshmallow, then when it's soft, sqeeze it in between two graham crackers with a piece of chocolate. Hmmm. There were some very sticky children.

Yesterday was also the seventh day of my detox and I feel like a million bucks! In seven days I have managed to get rid of the majority of the chronic pain that has haunted me since I had my flu shot 6 years ago. I've been eating only fruit, veegtables and rice (but lots of these foods otherwise I'd starve!). Now I'm starting to intriduce other foods to see if there isone that could be causing problems. Wish me luck! Included a few photos of the tulips blooming in the garden right now. Otherwise, hope everyone of you is having an inspirational week!




My Front Garden Tulips


My Front Garden Tulips

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful flowers! Smores are a traditional treat for camping here for us.

    ReplyDelete