Monday, November 16, 2009

Featured Artist - ToBoldlyFold

This week's featured Etsy artist is Melissa from ToBoldlyFold. I love the name of her shop! It's so appropriate when you see what she sells - what an incredible craft! Read on...

Softcover Warm Brown Leather Sketchbook or Journal with Dark Emerald Green Thread and Vintage Button - Edition 112

- A little background about yourself
My name is Melissa and I am an artist and bookbinder working out of Boston, MA. My aesthetic is strongly influenced by a love of nature and reverence for Italian culture. I love cooking, creating, and most of all, sending and receiving mail. My shop currently sells handmade sketchbooks and journals. They are softcover leather journals with artist paper inside and vintage buttons for closures.

Softcover Golden Brown Leather Sketchbook or Journal with Bright Autumn Yellow Thread and Vintage Button - Edition 117

- Why you love what you do
In this increasingly digital and virtual world, I find myself wondering what we’re leaving behind. To do my part in keeping the art of paper alive, I want to start a handmade bookbinding business. I find enjoyment in creating sketchbooks and journals for other creative types. Surrounded by mass produced merchandise, I celebrate the creativity, care, and individuality that can only be found in high-quality handmade goods.

- What inspires you
I'm inspired by nature, and Italian culture.

- Favorite item in your shop
Softcover Warm Brown Leather Sketchbook or Journal with White Thread and Vintage Button
I love the strong contrast between the stark white thread and the dark leather. The button also mimics that contrast beautifully.

Softcover Golden Brown Leather Sketchbook or Journal with Salmon Thread and Vintage Button - Edition 119

- What items are you promoting for the holidays?
I will be posting some mini books in a few weeks! They're perfect for stocking stuffers and as gifts for co-workers!

- Any specials deals customers should know about?
Free shipping from now until December 1st when they mention this blog post in the convo when purchasing!


Softcover Golden Brown Leather Sketchbook or Journal with Williamsburg Blue Thread and Vintage Button - Edition 102

- Blog?: www.ToBoldlyFold.com

- Facebook?: http://www.facebook.com/ToBoldlyFold

- Twitter?: ToBoldlyFold

Also, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toboldlyfold/to-boldly-fold-where-no-bookbinder-has-gone-befor

1 comment:

  1. WOw! I love those journals, and I agree! what a cute shop name :)

    ReplyDelete