Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day Today!


The weather forecasters were saying we were going to get 30cm of snow overnight and although it ended up being only 20cm, school was still canceled today. Thank goodness as the boys had their hearts set on sleeping in, playing in the snow and just having a break from school.

Of course, I'm not getting much done today but just enjoying the downtime. We made some tasty gluten free peanut butter cookies and watched the Get Smart movie.

My eldest son is learning to cook so every now and then we have a lesson. Last week I taught him how to make Pad Thai and today it's going to be good, ole chicken wings. You wouldn't believe the number of dirty dishes by the time he has finished but if he ends up being able to put create up a few meals by himself in the coming years, then I guess it's all for a good cause :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fund day off. I can't imagine anyone has more dirty dishes than I do when I cook :-).

    ReplyDelete