Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Visit to Frank Llyod Wright's Falling Water

Ever since studying the architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, in Art History in high school, have I wished to go visit Falling Water in Pennsylvania. The opportunity finally presented itself this summer when we were planning our drive to Washington DC. I suggested to my husband that we stop overnight near Falling Water and then go on a tour the following morning. Within the day, I had booked the tickets.

Well, it didn't disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. You realize when you are there what an incredible accomplishment it was, building this home right next to the water, partially within the rock face. Every room you enter, you can hear the sound of the water. It's so very peaceful.

We weren't permitted to take photos inside Falling Water but I am going to share with you some of the photos of the exterior of the home.

Once we finished our walk around we also had a lovely bite to eat for lunch in the restaurant on site. Delicious!

Oh and if you haven't read the book, "Loving Frank", it's a fabulous book. I read it some years ago but I'm thinking I just may have to reread it. ~








1 comment:

  1. Oh! It looks so peaceful and serene! I am so happy that you got to go...and now I have to run and make a sandwich, yours looks so good :)

    Have a great weekend Jane,
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete